Keurig Descale Light Stays On – If your keurig descale light stays on, there is usually a fix. Follow these simple steps to troubleshoot and fix the issue.
1. Verify that the power is turned on to your brewer
A common issue with Keurig brewers is that the power stays on even after the brewer has been descaled. This happens when water remains in the machine and prevents it from shutting off. Make sure power is turned off at the circuit breaker if you are not using your brewer, and then try turning it back on. If this still doesn’t work, descaling your machine may be necessary, Check to see if there is water in the brewer
2. Reset the machine by pressing and holding the coffee button for about 5 seconds until it begins to flash (it will stop flashing after a few cycles)
If the Keurig descale light stays on even after following the instructions in this blog post, please call our customer service at 1-866-684-6874. The problem may be caused by a defective part and will need to be replaced. Thank you for your cooperation!
3. If step 2 does not work, remove the water reservoir and fill it with fresh water
If the light on the Keurig descale stays on, follow these steps:
- Make sure that there is water in the reservoir. If it’s empty, fill it with fresh water and press OK to continue
- Remove the water reservoir by twisting it counterclockwise
- If step 2 still does not work, remove the button shield and fix/replace as necessary
4. Replace the water reservoir and press the coffee button while plugging it in to reset
The water reservoir might have a defect that causes the light to stay on. To fix it, you will need to replace the water reservoir and press the coffee button while plugging it in to reset it.
If your Keurig descale light stays on after following the troubleshooting steps above, there’s a good chance that the power is still turned off to your brewer. To test this, first make sure that the power is actually turned on to your brewer by verifying that the green light is lit up in the front of the machine. If you still have problems after turning on the power, try resetting your machine by pressing and holding the coffee button for about 5 seconds until it begins to flash (it will stop flashing after a few cycles). If step 2 does not work, then it might be time to remove the water reservoir and fill it with fresh water. Finally, replace the water reservoir and press the coffee button while plugging it
As a Newbie, I am always browsing online for articles that can benefit me. Thank you
I’ve recently started a blog, the info you provide on this website has helped me tremendously. Thank you for all of your time & work.