Keurig 2.0 How to Clean – If your Keurig is looking a little grubby, don’t worry – we can help! In this blog post, we’ll show you how to clean a Keurig 2.0 machine using simple steps. First, unplug the machine and remove the water reservoir. Then, wipe down the entire machine with a damp cloth. If there are any residue on the k-cup carousel, use a dry cloth to clean it up. Finally, plug in the machine and enjoy your sparkling cup of coffee!
Table of Contents
1. Unplug the Keurig and remove the water reservoir
If your Keurig is not performing at its best, it might be due to general debris or sediment build-up. To clean the machine properly and get it back up and running as soon as possible, follow these steps:
- Unplug the Keurig and remove the water reservoir. You will need to detach two screws that secure the water tank to the main unit.
- Remove all of the parts from inside of the machine—the brew group, carafe, filters, thermal casings etc.—and place them in a trash can or on top of a dryer sheet if you have one handy.
- Wet down a brush with hot tapwater and scrub each part carefully using circular motions for about three minutes. Rinse off all soap residue afterwards with cold water.
2. Wipe down the entire machine with a damp cloth
Wiping down the entire machine with a damp cloth will clean it thoroughly. This step can prevent any unnecessary damage to your Keurig 2.0 and help keep your coffee tasting fresh.
- Unplug the machine from the wall and wait 10 minutes before cleaning
- Take off all of the parts that you want to clean, such as carafes and K-Cups
- Wet a cloth or sponge in water and wring it out so that it is nearly dry
- Wipe down all surfaces of the machine, making sure to get into tight areas (like between buttons on the front panel)
- Dry everything off using another towel or napkin
3. Clean any residue on the k-cup carousel with a dry cloth
K-Cups are a convenient way to enjoy your favorite coffee, but they can quickly become dirty. Make sure to clean any residue on the k-cup carousel with a dry cloth and the pod holder and K-Cup catcher in the machine. Finally, wipe down the buttons, screens, and front of machine.
If you have spilled coffee or other beverage on your Keurig, it is time to take action. To clean the machine, first unplug it and remove the water reservoir. Next, wipe down the entire machine with a damp cloth. Finally, if necessary, use a dry cloth to clean any residue on the k-cup carousel. Do not try to repair or replace components as this may void your warranty.