Looking to descale your Keurig with everyday materials? Here are the simple steps! First, pour vinegar into the water reservoir of your machine. Next, add baking soda and stir to combine. Finally, use a hot water dispenser to mug-full size doses and dispense through the spout. Let the machine run for two minutes, then remove and discard the vinegar solution. Your Keurig is now descaled!
Descale With Vinegar, Baking Soda, And Water
If your Keurig is not brewing at its best, it may be due to mineral build-up. Descaling the machine with vinegar will help to remove any minerals and gunk that has built up. Baking soda can also help break down the stubborn buildup on the coffee machine and water can do double duty as a cleaning agent. Follow these simple steps to descale yourKeurig:
- Pour 1 cup of white vinegar into a large bowl or container
- Add enough baking soda to make a thick paste, stirring until well combined
- Pour 2 cups of cold water into the jug of your Keurig, filling it halfway up
- Turn on the Keurig and wait for it to come up to temperature before adding any coffee grounds
- Let the coffee run through while you scrub around inside with a brush if necessary (wearing gloves if desired!)
- Once all of the coffee has been brewed, empty out the tank of your Keurig by pouring off as much liquid as possible
Keurig Instructions for Use
If your Keurig is not brewing correctly or you simply want to refresh its water supply, follow these simple steps:
- Remove all of the capsules from the machine by pushing them out with a spoon.
- Be sure to remove all of the water and coffee grounds that are inside of the pod holder. Rinse off the pod holder and put it back into the machine. Insert a new k-cup and close the lid. Turn on the machine by pressing any one of its buttons (even if it’s already in use). After your machine has finished brewing, press Cancel to stop brewing; this will also cancel any active brew cycle you may have started with another button press beforehand. Press Play again to eject the k-cup without starting a new brew cycle (this step is necessary because pressing Play after cancelling will start a new brew cycle for which you don’t have pods).
- If descaling isn’t resolving your issues, please see our warranty information here for more assistance
Hopefully this article was able to help you descale your Keurig with Everyday Materials. Be sure to read the instructions carefully before you begin, and don’t forget to share this blog post on social media if you found it helpful!